ABN-AMRO Bank Netherlands, Anti TTIP Campaign, business, Canada, Citizens initiatives, community, Dracula Banks, Economic warfare, economics, education, Environmental Concerns, European Union, From a Gentleman's Viewpoint, Germany, GMO's, Health concerns, Increased CEO pay, London protest, opinion, Poltical leadership, Social Media, TTIP and CETA agreement, US and European relation ship
We call on the institutions of the European Union and its member states to stop the negotiations with the USA on the Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership (TTIP) and not to ratify the Comprehensive Economic and Trade Agreement (CETA) with Canada.
We want to prevent TTIP and CETA because they include several critical issues such as investor-state dispute settlement and rules on regulatory cooperation that pose a threat to democracy and the rule of law. We want to prevent lowering of standards concerning employment, social, environmental, privacy and consumers and the deregulation of public services (such as water) and cultural assets from being deregulated in non-transparent negotiations. The ECI supports an alternative trade and investment policy in the EU.
From a Gentleman’s Viewpoint opinion and position :
The link below takes you to the petition page (in English) where you can sign up to join the almost 2 million who voiced their opposition and opinion. https://stop-ttip.org/sign/
Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership (TTIP):
Our future is not for sale!
The proposed free-trade agreement “TTIP” between the EU and the USA serves the interests of corporations and not of citizens:
- TTIP undermines democracy and the rule of law : The agreement allows foreign corporations to sue countries for high compensation in secretive, arbitration proceedings when countries pass laws that could reduce the profits.
- TTIP opens the door to privatization : The agreement will make it easier for corporations to earn profits from the public water supply and health and education systems, all at the public’s expense.
- TTIP endangers our health : Practices that are legally allowed in the U.S. would legally be
- permitted in the EU. This clears the way for fracking , genetically-modified food production, and hormone-treated cattle. The agreement weakens the peasant and family-farming agriculture and grants the agricultural industry even more power.
- TTIP undermines freedom : The agreement opens the way for even more monitoring and surveillance of internet users. Excessive copyright regulations restrict free access to culture, education, and science.
- TTIP is practically irreversible : Once agreed upon , the contracts for elected politicians are essentially no longer amendable as every change requires agreement by all parties. Germany could not unilaterally decide to withdraw from the contract , as it is the EU, and not Germany, who signs enters into the agreement.
Therefore I demand: Stop the negotiations on the TTIP agreement!
The above text comes from the initiative page of the German organizers, but it applies equally to all European Countries. American business and political leaders would do well to take these citizens’ initiatives serious if they do not want to be excused of “predator economics” by a very large potential market.
The common US practice, for example, of the washing with chlorine of chickens in the processing industry is absolutely not acceptable by well informed European consumers usually better informed, and more health concerned than the average US consumer. The negative brunt will be born by cost driven American multinationals whose products often contain substances not accepted by European consumers.
In conjunction with these agreements, there is the increased rift between the EU population and the current rough shot US politics.
American and European political leaders will have to deal with the negative outcome of the many failed Arab spring revolutions, and the economic outcome and refugee problem squarely in the hands of the EU. Revolutions instigated by the current US Administration’s policies and these politicians cannot afford to be seen as the henchmen of the Global Banking network acting only in the interests of their political investors and the loathed Dracula banks whose policies are undermining the social networks in Western Democracies. For example an increase in the pay of CEO’s and top management in bailed out banks, (ABN-AMRO bank in the Netherlands).
I foresee a near future initiative of global consumers networking together on a large scale to stop the current uncontrolled American led Imperial Money policies that have led to a declining participation of citizens in the political process world wide.
The coming shift in the political awakening of consumers in the BRICS countries (Brazil, Russia, India, China, South Africa) coupled with the economic power of European consumers will force changes in local politics on a world wide scale, not withstanding, extra government control and intervention in the internet supported by world wide providers such as Yahoo, Google etc.
The political world reforming dictatorial efforts by the deficit spending current US Administration will set American consumer spending growth back by a decade.
With respect to the current American health policies, US interventionist oriented military spending, misplaced world wide democracy promotion (Yemen, Ukraine, Iran), it clearly will widen the gap between the recolonized poorer third world countries deprived of natural resources and the groping for results declining Western societies. You do not have to be a rocket scientist to see these effects, or do you?
Non-Governmental Organization”s (NGO) placing contract personnel in functions now occupied by overweight and under performing bureaucracies will be found out and will be driven out by local labor unions into the predatory pockets of their billionaire owners who act as “Senators of a failing Roman Empire” surrounded by lackeys and jesters.